Tuesday, February 16, 2010

M Ryan FAQ

Dear Friends:
A little FAQ is in order to better understand my background and character. I listed a few basic questions that everyone has a right to know, I have no secrets.

Question #1: What is your background?

Education:
Fordham Prep (Jesuit) high school graduate

BSEE graduate General Motors Institute, thesis on computer simulation.

Career experience in global firms in the IT areas, finance, manufacturing, IT audit and security. Served as CIO for several firms, extensive and current information technology training in a wide variety of technologies such as Oracle, SAP, Microsoft, Cisco networks, security, risk, compliance, SOX, SAS70, ITIL,CISA, CISSP, PMP and more. Formerly held a life insurance license in addition to SEC Series 6 and 63 securities licenses.

Married with children, lived in Texas over 20 + years. Community volunteer as a business plan advisor to the Houston Technology Center, UT Health Science Center School of Medical Informatics and Houston Baptist University MBA program (visiting lecturer), skilled tradesman to Fort Bend Habitat for Humanity. Coached both Katy American Little League baseball and Katy Girls Softball Association teams. Member St Bartholomew Catholic Church, NRA, Bayou Rifles, HGCA.


Question #2: Why do you want to run? Why now?

I want to run because I know I can do a better job. Both the Republicans and the Democrats all behave like this is one big country club. All they do is fritter away time and make minor irrelevant changes. We need a better way of thinking and more grass roots action.


The Tea Party movement really struck a chord in my heart and mind. If not me, then who? Now is the right time to stand up for the average, common sense American and take back control of our government for the people. I am doing this for all of us, especially for our children. I am not doing this for personal gain.


Question #3: Why do you believe you are qualified?

I am qualified because I am a businessman with 30 years experience in multiple industries. It is not my lifelong ambition to be a politician. I can bring a real world pragmatic approach to our state which has been lacking for years.


Question #4: What legislative experience do you have?

I have been working for over 4 years now to get a law passed in Texas that would cost the taxpayers ZERO dollars and create jobs instantly. I have worked with Rep Charlie Howard to help author HB # 2412. This bill is commonly called the kit car or hot rod bill. I went to Austin last year and testified before the Transportation subcommittee, which later passed the bill and referred it onto the full house for a vote. It was then stalled like many others due to political partisanship and bickering throughout the entire system.


I have also negotiated many contracts with vendors on the multi-million dollar level for Federal and State IT contracts for the better part of 15 years in my various capacities as a private sector business leader.


Question #4: Why are you different from all the other candidates?

I have more business experience than all of them – in NON governmental businesses. I am NOT a person who does “Consulting” or “Sells services” to Government entities” and is just looking to get another cushy contract for my firm. I have ZERO conflicts of interest. I intend to actively pursue another CIO position as my full time career.


I think it is a fair question to ask all the candidates what they do for a full-time job and where they get their paycheck, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment